Our Scholarship Approach
- Mentor and Track progress – Commit to maintaining 100% attendance to stay in the program.
- Provide Scholarship – This package include Tuition Costs, transportation, school supplies and boarding fee.
- Assist with Placement – SOAP will provide students with job skills to achieve job placement success and/or advocate for them if they need help finding a job.
- Give Back – Scholarship recipients are required to give back to their community by creating opportunity for 2 more students and SOAP assisting mentor students coming behind them.
We encourage you to contact us if you are interested in applying for a scholarship and meet the below requirements.
To be eligible for our Student Orphan Aid Program scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrates academic promise and performance.
- Demonstrates high degree of scholastic achievement and effort.
- Evidence of a significant financial need.
- Evidence of one or more of the below parental situations being;
- (1) No living parent,
- (2) Only one living parent, or
- (3) Two living parents that are unable to provide the basic necessities needed for survival.
- Commits to using the scholarship money to attend an accredited vocational, technical school, college or university in their country of habitation.
- Commits to enrolling as a full-time student at an accredited vocational, technical school, college or university in their country of habitation.
- Resides in the country in which they inhabit.
Additional specific qualifications may apply, please refer to the specific sponsor scholarship applications.
Completed applications must be submitted with all of the following items.
- Submit a recent official school transcript.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from a
- Faculty member, or
- Other individual who is knowledgeable of the applicant’s qualifications.
- Submit a one or two page typed essay outlining:
- Why he/she should be considered for a scholarship,
- What your long-term career goals are,
- Why it is important to receive an education, and
- How he/she will give back to their community.
After you have the items from the ‘application guidelines’ section, complete the application form, sign and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are reviewing the evaluation process which will be shared soon.